Saturday, April 4, 2009

NES Swabing Accident

Whoops...
So for many a year I have noticed that there was some black sticky glue like residue underneath my NES (That's the Nintendo Entertainment System to the laymen) specifically near that plastic plate thing (that can detached). So I busted out an old tooth brush, a bottle of Goo Gone, Windex, and a Vacuum (for the dust under the plate) then had at it. The battle was - a success! But...

I noticed that the small hinged door in the front of my NES was slightly yellow... I was really hoping it wasn't sun bleached. So since I was already doing general maintenance to the NES, I figured I rub off what ever that stuff was with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.

Well as my luck would have it, I accidentally rubbed the beginning of the red logo right off! FUDGE! (gave cursing up for Lent... so pardon my non french). So I rubbed the rest of the logo off to make it look even. Might as well, right?
Right.

My nerd senses started tingling... in agitation. I just stared at the stupid mistake with sympathy. Oh well, at least the system still works...
sort of.

NES Swabing Acident

No comments:

Post a Comment